A day care center has again been proposed for the vacant space in a building at 73rd and Center streets.
Shacolia Gillespie, who operates a licensed children's day care out of her Milwaukee home, is looking to expand to a larger space. She plans to operate from 6 a.m. to midnight weekdays to accommodate parents with first- and second-shift jobs.
The Plan Commission tonight unanimously recommended the use because it mirrored a request that was approved a year ago by another day care operator that abandoned those business plans.
The plan must go before the Community Development Committee Feb. 28, followed by the Common Council the next week before Gillespie can open her door to little ones.
- Anodyne Coffee plans to open location in Wauwatosa Village
- Wauwatosa Meetings: Aug. 4
- Video: Wauwatosa girl's curbside ice cream stand raises money for the hungry
- Wauwatosa News and Notes: Hands-only CPR training offered; Firefly Art Fair is Aug. 6-7
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why are there barriers and fencing along the North Avenue bridges over the Menomonee River?
- Mystery Photo Contest: July 28
- Wauwatosa gears up for National Night Out event, this year at the zoo
- Election 2016: Wisconsin's 4th District candidates weigh in
- Wauwatosa's Luther Manor residents share smiles through flower delivery
- Wauwatosa Police Report: July 17-23