The presiding judge at Milwaukee County Children's Court Center said construction on Watertown Plank Road related to the Zoo Interchange project will present a major challenge to those who require access to the center.
The center, at 10201 W. Watertown Plank between Mayfair Road and Highway 45, handles juvenile and child court matters, and houses juvenile detention.
Watertown Plank in front of the center will be rebuilt, and the ramps that give access to the highway will be replaced with a broad, looping, high-capacity interchange, including the addition of a new lane west of the interchange passing in front of the center.
"It appears it's going to … have a major impact on people getting to and from the Children's Court Center," Milwaukee County Circuit Court Judge Joseph Donald said this week.
Donald said 455 people work at the center, and his "best-guess estimate" is that an additional 650 people come through it on a daily basis.
- Anodyne Coffee plans to open location in Wauwatosa Village (2)
- Wauwatosa Meetings: Aug. 4
- Video: Wauwatosa girl's curbside ice cream stand raises money for the hungry
- Wauwatosa News and Notes: Hands-only CPR training offered; Firefly Art Fair is Aug. 6-7
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why are there barriers and fencing along the North Avenue bridges over the Menomonee River?
- Mystery Photo Contest: July 28
- Wauwatosa gears up for National Night Out event, this year at the zoo
- Election 2016: Wisconsin's 4th District candidates weigh in
- Wauwatosa's Luther Manor residents share smiles through flower delivery
- Wauwatosa Police Report: July 17-23