A 17-year-old boy said he was jumped for his MP3 player while walking home from Wauwatosa East High School last week.
According to the Wauwatosa police report:
The boy was walking near 69th Street and North Avenue shortly after 2 p.m. Dec. 20 when he stopped briefly to change songs. He noticed two unfamiliar males walking toward him.
As their paths crossed, one person punched the teen in the stomach, causing him to double over. The second attacker punched him in the jaw.
One of the attackers grabbed the boy's MP3 player, and they ran off.
He said he was so stunned he stayed put for about 10 minutes before he got out his cell phone and called his mother. She drove him to the police station to report the strong-arm robbery.
The suspects were described as black teens age 16 to 18 and weighing 165 to 175 pounds. One was 5 feet, 10 inches to 6 feet tall with a buzz cut and gold-grill top teeth. He was wearing a black hooded sweatshirt with a Green Bay Packers logo on the back. The second suspect is described as 6 feet to 6 feet, 2 inches tall with a slight Afro and light mustache. He wore a brown hooded sweatshirt and jeans and carried a brown backpack.
- Anodyne Coffee plans to open location in Wauwatosa Village (2)
- Wauwatosa Meetings: Aug. 4
- Video: Wauwatosa girl's curbside ice cream stand raises money for the hungry
- Wauwatosa News and Notes: Hands-only CPR training offered; Firefly Art Fair is Aug. 6-7
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why are there barriers and fencing along the North Avenue bridges over the Menomonee River?
- Mystery Photo Contest: July 28
- Wauwatosa gears up for National Night Out event, this year at the zoo
- Election 2016: Wisconsin's 4th District candidates weigh in
- Wauwatosa's Luther Manor residents share smiles through flower delivery
- Wauwatosa Police Report: July 17-23