HSI Properties has begun construction on The Annex, a four-story extension of The Enclave apartment complex recently completed at 6005 Martin Drive at the corner of 60th Street next to Hawthorne Glen.
The Annex will be a freestanding, $5.5 million project consisting of 40 one-bedroom units. Ryan Schultz, a partner in HSI, said he anticipates an 8-month construction period, with occupancy by next summer.
Residents of The Annex will have use of the amenities at The Enclave, including the outdoor pool, green roof, party room and exercise facility, HSI said in a statement.
The Enclave was built for nearly $25 million and consists of 152 units. Rents at The Annex will be commensurate with those at The Enclave: about $1 per square foot, Schultz said.
The contractor of The Annex is Altius Construction and the architect is AG Architecture. HSI intends to maintain ownership of the property, the firm said.
- Anodyne Coffee plans to open location in Wauwatosa Village
- Wauwatosa Meetings: Aug. 4
- Video: Wauwatosa girl's curbside ice cream stand raises money for the hungry
- Wauwatosa News and Notes: Hands-only CPR training offered; Firefly Art Fair is Aug. 6-7
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why are there barriers and fencing along the North Avenue bridges over the Menomonee River?
- Mystery Photo Contest: July 28
- Wauwatosa gears up for National Night Out event, this year at the zoo
- Election 2016: Wisconsin's 4th District candidates weigh in
- Wauwatosa's Luther Manor residents share smiles through flower delivery
- Wauwatosa Police Report: July 17-23