Four females from Milwaukee responsible for stealing thousands of dollars of merchandise from a Mayfair Road clothing shop are expected to be charged with retail theft this week.
According to Wauwatosa Police Department reports:
A 17-year-old girl and three women, ages 18, 19 and 27, were arrested after they used wire snips to remove security tags from new and used designer jeans valued at $848 at Hollywood Threadz, 801 N. Mayfair Road, at 5:37 p.m. Feb. 24.
The women were familiar to police for shoplifting and trespassing at the mall. The 19-year-old and 27-year-old women were arrested for bail-jumping because they both had open retail theft cases.
They were also familiar to the store manager who had suspected them of several prior thefts. Because so many jeans had gone missing from the store's inventory, the manager reviewed security video and saw the girl and the 27-year-old woman taking jeans valued at $752 on Feb. 22.
The same females were suspected of participating in a grab and run of jeans valued at $890 in November and possibly a couple additional retail thefts from Hollywood Threadz.
The district attorney is expected to take up the case on Thursday.
- Anodyne Coffee plans to open location in Wauwatosa Village
- Wauwatosa Meetings: Aug. 4
- Video: Wauwatosa girl's curbside ice cream stand raises money for the hungry
- Wauwatosa News and Notes: Hands-only CPR training offered; Firefly Art Fair is Aug. 6-7
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why are there barriers and fencing along the North Avenue bridges over the Menomonee River?
- Mystery Photo Contest: July 28
- Wauwatosa gears up for National Night Out event, this year at the zoo
- Election 2016: Wisconsin's 4th District candidates weigh in
- Wauwatosa's Luther Manor residents share smiles through flower delivery
- Wauwatosa Police Report: July 17-23