An update on the progress of the Wauwatosa School District's Class Scheduling Committee will be presented at a PTA meeting at 6:30 p.m. Tuesdayin the library of Whitman Middle School, 11100 W. Center St.
Jeff Keranen, Whitman principal and committee chairman, will give the update.
"This will be a progress report," Keranen said. "There are a lot of options that the committee is exploring, so this will be a report and not a recommendation."
Keranen said the committee has ruled out the block scheduling - consisting of four, 90-minute classes - that has been adopted by the Elmbrook School District. He also noted that any new district class schedule will not go into effect before the fall of 2013.
Whitman PTA President Joan Ross said parents have been asking about the committee's progress.
"They have shown a lot of interest," Ross said, "so we wanted to keep them informed."
- Anodyne Coffee plans to open location in Wauwatosa Village
- Wauwatosa Meetings: Aug. 4
- Video: Wauwatosa girl's curbside ice cream stand raises money for the hungry
- Wauwatosa News and Notes: Hands-only CPR training offered; Firefly Art Fair is Aug. 6-7
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why are there barriers and fencing along the North Avenue bridges over the Menomonee River?
- Mystery Photo Contest: July 28
- Wauwatosa gears up for National Night Out event, this year at the zoo
- Election 2016: Wisconsin's 4th District candidates weigh in
- Wauwatosa's Luther Manor residents share smiles through flower delivery
- Wauwatosa Police Report: July 17-23