The Forest Exploration Center, a nonprofit organization that intends to provide forest education on land in Wauwatosa, has hired a full-time executive director.
John Gee, formerly executive director of Wisconsin Charter Schools Association, has held a variety of entrepreneurial and executive positions in the education and technology sectors, according to an announcement from the center board. His prior experiences include being CEO of the Information Technology Association of Wisconsin, founding a high-tech business incubator for NASA and developing Beaver Creek, Colo., a private city and ski resort.
The Forest Exploration Center will center on the 67 acres owned by the state Department of Natural Resources east of Interstate-45, bounded by Swan Boulevard and Underwood Parkway.
The next three years will be a time for development of community programming, and exploration center and possibility a charter school.
- Anodyne Coffee plans to open location in Wauwatosa Village (2)
- Wauwatosa Meetings: Aug. 4
- Video: Wauwatosa girl's curbside ice cream stand raises money for the hungry
- Wauwatosa News and Notes: Hands-only CPR training offered; Firefly Art Fair is Aug. 6-7
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why are there barriers and fencing along the North Avenue bridges over the Menomonee River?
- Mystery Photo Contest: July 28
- Wauwatosa gears up for National Night Out event, this year at the zoo
- Election 2016: Wisconsin's 4th District candidates weigh in
- Wauwatosa's Luther Manor residents share smiles through flower delivery
- Wauwatosa Police Report: July 17-23