GE Healthcare will be honored on today with Girl Scouts of Wisconsin Southeast's first corporate leadership award.
The Lighting the Path Leadership Award was created this year to recognize a business that reflects the Girl Scouts mission to help people and model the importance of service for girls.
The award is being presented to GE Elfun, a society of employees and retirees, within GE that focuses on volunteerism and community service.
For the past 10 years, GE Elfun has organized service days at two Girl Scout camps in Southeastern Wisconsin. This year, about 200 volunteers worked at Silverbrook Program Center in West Bend and at Camp Winding Rivers in Neosho, preparing the camps for summer use.
GE Healthcare operates from the Milwaukee County Research Park in Wauwatosa.
- Anodyne Coffee plans to open location in Wauwatosa Village (2)
- Wauwatosa Meetings: Aug. 4
- Video: Wauwatosa girl's curbside ice cream stand raises money for the hungry
- Wauwatosa News and Notes: Hands-only CPR training offered; Firefly Art Fair is Aug. 6-7
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why are there barriers and fencing along the North Avenue bridges over the Menomonee River?
- Mystery Photo Contest: July 28
- Wauwatosa gears up for National Night Out event, this year at the zoo
- Election 2016: Wisconsin's 4th District candidates weigh in
- Wauwatosa's Luther Manor residents share smiles through flower delivery
- Wauwatosa Police Report: July 17-23