Wauwatosa police found seven .45 caliber ammunition casings near the We Energies substation, 4566 N. 119th St., following a call from a resident who reported gunshots being fired in the area at 2:42 a.m., August 2.
The casings appear to be have been ejected from a moving vehicle, based on their location within a 130-yard stretch of the roadway, the police report said.
The suspected shooters are linked to a brown, 1980s Chevrolet that was last seen "peeling" onto North 119th Street at a high speed at 2:40 a.m., according to an unidentified witness affiliated with the Union Pacific Railroad, the report said. The Union Pacific yard office, 4823 N. 119th St., is located about 0.3 miles north of the We Energies substation.
The unidentified resident who called to inform police of the gunshots said she believed someone had been shooting into the woods near the substation, the report said. The view of North 119th Street from the caller's residential neighborhood is blocked by a thick wooded area. According to the report, the caller said she has heard gunshots in this area before, usually in the early morning hours, but believed somebody was shooting deer that frequent the area.
According to the report, no damaged property was reported or found. Nobody was injured during this event. There are no suspects beyond the description of the 1980s Chevrolet, which was described as being similar to a 1980s-model Chevrolet Caprice.
- Anodyne Coffee plans to open location in Wauwatosa Village
- Wauwatosa Meetings: Aug. 4
- Video: Wauwatosa girl's curbside ice cream stand raises money for the hungry
- Wauwatosa News and Notes: Hands-only CPR training offered; Firefly Art Fair is Aug. 6-7
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why are there barriers and fencing along the North Avenue bridges over the Menomonee River?
- Mystery Photo Contest: July 28
- Wauwatosa gears up for National Night Out event, this year at the zoo
- Election 2016: Wisconsin's 4th District candidates weigh in
- Wauwatosa's Luther Manor residents share smiles through flower delivery
- Wauwatosa Police Report: July 17-23