Half of the Common Council's 16 seats will be up for election in April. Candidates can circulate nomination papers to get on the ballot through Jan. 3.
For information on becoming a candidate, visit or call the city clerk's office in City Hall.
Among the incumbents, District 4 Alderman Dennis McBride, District 7 Alderwoman Cheryl Berdan and District 8 Alderman Jason Wilke already have filed paperwork to run for another term.
Both Berdan and Wilke were initially appointed to their positions to fill vacancies on the council and were subsequently elected to fill out the remainder of those terms. This will be the first time Berdan and Wilke run for full, four-year terms.
McBride is seeking re-election for his second full term.
First District Alderwoman Linda Nikcevich won't seek re-election, leaving an open seat.
Although it's still early, several other council members whose terms are up in April haven't indicated whether they plan to run again: Eric Meaux, District 2; Jacqueline Jay, District 3; Michael Walsh, District 5; and Jeff Roznowski, District 6. Noncandidacy papers need to be filed with the city clerk's office by Dec. 27.
No one has filed to run against any of the incumbents at this point.
- Anodyne Coffee plans to open location in Wauwatosa Village (2)
- Wauwatosa Meetings: Aug. 4
- Video: Wauwatosa girl's curbside ice cream stand raises money for the hungry
- Wauwatosa News and Notes: Hands-only CPR training offered; Firefly Art Fair is Aug. 6-7
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why are there barriers and fencing along the North Avenue bridges over the Menomonee River?
- Mystery Photo Contest: July 28
- Wauwatosa gears up for National Night Out event, this year at the zoo
- Election 2016: Wisconsin's 4th District candidates weigh in
- Wauwatosa's Luther Manor residents share smiles through flower delivery
- Wauwatosa Police Report: July 17-23