Students from Wauwatosa East and West high schools will discuss issues that range from eliminating finals week to establishing a later start time at the high schools during a mock school board meeting sponsored by the Wauwatosa Youth Commission on April 9.
The meeting will begin at 7 p.m. in the School Board room located in the Fisher Building, 12121 W. North Ave. Students will play the roles of School Board members and school and district administrators. Other high school students have been invited to attend; they will have the opportunity to comment on various issues.
· Establish a 9 a.m. start time for the high schools
· Eliminate finals week in the high schools
· Require that a student representative is included on hiring committees for high school teachers and administrators
· Require the buildings and grounds department to purchase/use natural cleaning solvents
Student participants will research the topics listed on the agenda. They will also interview their professional counterparts on the School Board and in the school administration to obtain additional information and participate in a two-hour training session.
- Anodyne Coffee plans to open location in Wauwatosa Village (2)
- Wauwatosa Meetings: Aug. 4
- Video: Wauwatosa girl's curbside ice cream stand raises money for the hungry
- Wauwatosa News and Notes: Hands-only CPR training offered; Firefly Art Fair is Aug. 6-7
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why are there barriers and fencing along the North Avenue bridges over the Menomonee River?
- Mystery Photo Contest: July 28
- Wauwatosa gears up for National Night Out event, this year at the zoo
- Election 2016: Wisconsin's 4th District candidates weigh in
- Wauwatosa's Luther Manor residents share smiles through flower delivery
- Wauwatosa Police Report: July 17-23