Jim Plaisted has been hired as the new executive director of the Wauwatosa Village Business Improvement District, replacing Kathy Ehley, who was elected the city's mayor in April.
Plaisted, a Wauwatosa resident, will be coming from positions managing business districts in Shorewood and Milwaukee's East Side.
"He has overseen successful marketing, special events and business reinvestment to transform commercial corridors into active, appealing areas," according to an announcement issued by the BID Board today.
BID Board President Chris Leffler said Plaisted's knowledge will be important in implementing special projects under the recently adopted Village Master Plan such as remodeling the Harmonee Bridge, redesigning and improving pedestrian paths at rail crossings within the Village limits and dealing with streetscaping, signage and bicycle amenities.
The BID was established in 1994 to increase traffic and activity within Wauwatosa's historic Village.
- Anodyne Coffee plans to open location in Wauwatosa Village
- Wauwatosa Meetings: Aug. 4
- Video: Wauwatosa girl's curbside ice cream stand raises money for the hungry
- Wauwatosa News and Notes: Hands-only CPR training offered; Firefly Art Fair is Aug. 6-7
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why are there barriers and fencing along the North Avenue bridges over the Menomonee River?
- Mystery Photo Contest: July 28
- Wauwatosa gears up for National Night Out event, this year at the zoo
- Election 2016: Wisconsin's 4th District candidates weigh in
- Wauwatosa's Luther Manor residents share smiles through flower delivery
- Wauwatosa Police Report: July 17-23