Joe Bartolotta, president and owner of The Bartolotta Restaurants, and his wife, Jennifer, have been named the 2012 Leadership Award recipients by the Wauwatosa Public Library Foundation.
Although most people are more familiar with Joe, the award also pays tribute to Jennifer, who works in the family business as director of strategic partnerships. Together, the couple founded the company's philanthropic arm, Care-a-lottas.
Jennifer is an executive board member for the Wisconsin Humane Society, TEMPO Milwaukee and Schools that Can Milwaukee. Joe sits on the boards of many local organizations and actively supports Susan G. Komen for the Cure, Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation and St. Marcus School.
The duo will be honored with the Arthur B. Kohasky Leadership Award on April 19 during the Wauwatosa Public Library Leadership Luncheon at the Crowne Plaza. For tickets, call (414) 471-8487.
Author and Wisconsin native James Bradley will provide the keynote address during this 10th annual event, which celebrates the important role the library plays in the community. Bradley has written best-selling books "Flags of Our Fathers," "Flyboys" and "The Imperial Cruise." "Flags of Our Fathers" was released as a movie in 2007 and is a companion film to the Academy Award-nominated "Letters from Iwo Jima."
The following youth will receive Student Leadership Awards during the luncheon: Elisabeth Hallanger-Bernstein, Wauwatosa East High School; Gretchen Klein, Pius IX High School; Alyssa Mariscal, Wisconsin Lutheran High School; John McNabb, Marquette University High School; Michael Morgan, Wauwatosa West High School; and Aubrey Murtha, Divine Savior Holy Angels High School.
- Anodyne Coffee plans to open location in Wauwatosa Village (2)
- Wauwatosa Meetings: Aug. 4
- Video: Wauwatosa girl's curbside ice cream stand raises money for the hungry
- Wauwatosa News and Notes: Hands-only CPR training offered; Firefly Art Fair is Aug. 6-7
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why are there barriers and fencing along the North Avenue bridges over the Menomonee River?
- Mystery Photo Contest: July 28
- Wauwatosa gears up for National Night Out event, this year at the zoo
- Election 2016: Wisconsin's 4th District candidates weigh in
- Wauwatosa's Luther Manor residents share smiles through flower delivery
- Wauwatosa Police Report: July 17-23