A homeowner in the 6600 block of West Center Street came home to a burglary, furniture destruction and an ominous letter at 12:13 a.m. Feb. 19.
According to the Wauwatosa police report:
The door's deadbolt was smashed off, a couch was sliced to ribbons, a television and wallet were missing and the stench of spilled bleach permeated the home. Damage is estimated at $2,100, loss at $930.
A note was left that made reference to a man the homeowner was seeing and alleging that the homeowner owed the writer $9,200.
The homeowner told police she believes the perpetratorto be her ex-boyfriend, a 25-year-old Milwaukee man who hadshot at her a few days earlier.
Police found the man in his vehicle outside his home but when he saw them he sped off.
- Anodyne Coffee plans to open location in Wauwatosa Village (2)
- Wauwatosa Meetings: Aug. 4
- Video: Wauwatosa girl's curbside ice cream stand raises money for the hungry
- Wauwatosa News and Notes: Hands-only CPR training offered; Firefly Art Fair is Aug. 6-7
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why are there barriers and fencing along the North Avenue bridges over the Menomonee River?
- Mystery Photo Contest: July 28
- Wauwatosa gears up for National Night Out event, this year at the zoo
- Election 2016: Wisconsin's 4th District candidates weigh in
- Wauwatosa's Luther Manor residents share smiles through flower delivery
- Wauwatosa Police Report: July 17-23