A drunken driving arrest can get a bit messy, but not usually in this way.
A 54-year-old Milwaukee man who was arrested for drunken driving Sept. 4 after police tracked him down at home was, for some undisclosed reason, covered in feces. The smell coming from his home was so bad a police officer hesitated before entering.
According to the Wauwatosa police report:
The man had bought liquor from Walgreens, 2656 Wauwatosa Avenue, at about 8 a.m. The employee who sold him the liquor noticed that the man appeared intoxicated. When the employee tried to get him to stop his truck, the man said "I'm OK," then drove off with difficulty.
The employee called the police, who located the truck parked diagonally outside the man's residence.
When the man answered the door, police noted that he was covered in what appeared to be his own feces. The man was having problems sitting straight and the smell of alcohol was coming off of him. He admitted to drinking a 1.75 liter of vodka the night before and driving.
He was taken to Froedtert Hospital, where two blood samples were taken to determine his blood alcohol content level, the results of which were unavailable.
The police noted that he had a dog and didn't enter the man's condo due to the smell.
- Anodyne Coffee plans to open location in Wauwatosa Village (2)
- Wauwatosa Meetings: Aug. 4
- Video: Wauwatosa girl's curbside ice cream stand raises money for the hungry
- Wauwatosa News and Notes: Hands-only CPR training offered; Firefly Art Fair is Aug. 6-7
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why are there barriers and fencing along the North Avenue bridges over the Menomonee River?
- Mystery Photo Contest: July 28
- Wauwatosa gears up for National Night Out event, this year at the zoo
- Election 2016: Wisconsin's 4th District candidates weigh in
- Wauwatosa's Luther Manor residents share smiles through flower delivery
- Wauwatosa Police Report: July 17-23