A Wauwatosa officer was led on a short chase that ended in a getaway after following a car parked in the BMO Harris lot, 7635 W. Bluemound Road, at 4:22 a.m. Oct. 22
According to the Wauwatosa police report:
The police officer thought it was strange that a car would be parked there at that time. When he drove up to investigate, he noticed the occupants paying close attention to him. The thieves hit the gas when the officer made a U-turn to follow them, driving two blocks before jumping out of the car and running away.
The officer radioed for backup and gave chase. After he and other officers at the scene couldn't find either of the car's occupants, they gave up.
Police searched the stolen vehicle, finding no keys or any signs that the suspects tampered with the ignition. The vehicle was listed as stolen in West Allis, and was returned to its owner.
The driver is described as a white man, 20 to 30 years old, 5-foot-8 to 5-foot-10, and weighing 130 to 150 pounds. The passenger was a male, race unknown, with the same height and build as the driver.
- Anodyne Coffee plans to open location in Wauwatosa Village (2)
- Wauwatosa Meetings: Aug. 4
- Video: Wauwatosa girl's curbside ice cream stand raises money for the hungry
- Wauwatosa News and Notes: Hands-only CPR training offered; Firefly Art Fair is Aug. 6-7
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why are there barriers and fencing along the North Avenue bridges over the Menomonee River?
- Mystery Photo Contest: July 28
- Wauwatosa gears up for National Night Out event, this year at the zoo
- Election 2016: Wisconsin's 4th District candidates weigh in
- Wauwatosa's Luther Manor residents share smiles through flower delivery
- Wauwatosa Police Report: July 17-23