A Milwaukee County snow emergency was declared Dec. 28, beginning at 2:30 p.m.
Milwaukee County Executive Chris Abele, in consultation with the Chief Judge, Sheriff's office and Director of Transportation and Public Works, declared the emergency for Milwaukee County employees due to the hazardous weather conditions, according to a news release.
All nonessential departments would be closed for the safety of the employees and the public, according to the release. The departments are scheduled to reopen Tuesday, Dec. 29.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Anodyne Coffee plans to open location in Wauwatosa Village
- Wauwatosa Meetings: Aug. 4
- Video: Wauwatosa girl's curbside ice cream stand raises money for the hungry
- Wauwatosa News and Notes: Hands-only CPR training offered; Firefly Art Fair is Aug. 6-7
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why are there barriers and fencing along the North Avenue bridges over the Menomonee River?
- Mystery Photo Contest: July 28
- Wauwatosa gears up for National Night Out event, this year at the zoo
- Election 2016: Wisconsin's 4th District candidates weigh in
- Wauwatosa's Luther Manor residents share smiles through flower delivery
- Wauwatosa Police Report: July 17-23