A 29-year-old Milwaukee woman was arrested for her sixth driving while intoxicated offense after she was found slumped over her steering wheel in the 7200 block of West Center Street at 5:17 p.m. March 17.
According to the Wauwatosa police report:
A 911 caller alerted Tosa police and paramedics that a woman was passed out in a car stopped at a 45-degree angle with the engine running.
When wakened, the driver told police she had prescriptions for alprazolam and oxycodone to help with pain relief. Though she told police she had taken one of each earlier in the day, they determined from the amount of pills in recently filled prescription bottles that she had taken more.
She failed a field sobriety test. A blood draw was performed and the results are pending.
The woman had five previous convictions, dating back to 2003, for driving while intoxicated.
- Anodyne Coffee plans to open location in Wauwatosa Village
- Wauwatosa Meetings: Aug. 4
- Video: Wauwatosa girl's curbside ice cream stand raises money for the hungry
- Wauwatosa News and Notes: Hands-only CPR training offered; Firefly Art Fair is Aug. 6-7
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why are there barriers and fencing along the North Avenue bridges over the Menomonee River?
- Mystery Photo Contest: July 28
- Wauwatosa gears up for National Night Out event, this year at the zoo
- Election 2016: Wisconsin's 4th District candidates weigh in
- Wauwatosa's Luther Manor residents share smiles through flower delivery
- Wauwatosa Police Report: July 17-23