The Southeast Wisconsin Young Marines are working with a local cemetery to pay tribute to veterans on Saturday.
A "Field of Honor" will be created at Pinelawn Memorial Park, 10700 W. Capitol Drive, starting at 1 p.m., to honor all the fallen heroes who have died since Sept. 11 in the war against Iraq and Afghanistan. Crosses will be personalized with the name of each serviceman and servicewoman.
The Young Marines is an education and service program for kids age 8 through high school age.
In addition, volunteers from the community are asked to join the cemetery staff in placing flags for all veterans laid to rest there, beginning at 9 a.m.
- Anodyne Coffee plans to open location in Wauwatosa Village
- Wauwatosa Meetings: Aug. 4
- Video: Wauwatosa girl's curbside ice cream stand raises money for the hungry
- Wauwatosa News and Notes: Hands-only CPR training offered; Firefly Art Fair is Aug. 6-7
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why are there barriers and fencing along the North Avenue bridges over the Menomonee River?
- Mystery Photo Contest: July 28
- Wauwatosa gears up for National Night Out event, this year at the zoo
- Election 2016: Wisconsin's 4th District candidates weigh in
- Wauwatosa's Luther Manor residents share smiles through flower delivery
- Wauwatosa Police Report: July 17-23