Camillus Court East, a senior retirement home at 10100 W. Bluemound Road, was evacuated at 7:53 a.m. Feb. 21 due to multiple bomb threats allegedly called in by a jilted lover.
According to the Wauwatosa police report:
The suspect, a 31-year-old Milwaukee man, allegedly called the retirement home multiple times saying that he left a bomb on the second floor men's bathroom. He also called and said he was the man who made the fake bomb threat. During another call he said that a female employee had urged him to make the threats. When pressed for a name, he didn't answer and said only that he hoped she got fired.
The employee in question, a 19-year-old woman, called the man after hearing about the threats and asked why he was doing it. "Are they scared now? I'm going to tell them you made the call," he allegedly said during their conversation.
The woman told police the man thought she owed him the $200 rent he paid before getting kicked out of her home for allegedly trying to burn her with an iron.
Police found and arrested the man a few hours after the call.
He admitted to making the bomb threats and said he was surprised the building was evacuated and bomb-sniffing dogs were brought in due to his fake threats.
- Anodyne Coffee plans to open location in Wauwatosa Village
- Wauwatosa Meetings: Aug. 4
- Video: Wauwatosa girl's curbside ice cream stand raises money for the hungry
- Wauwatosa News and Notes: Hands-only CPR training offered; Firefly Art Fair is Aug. 6-7
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why are there barriers and fencing along the North Avenue bridges over the Menomonee River?
- Mystery Photo Contest: July 28
- Wauwatosa gears up for National Night Out event, this year at the zoo
- Election 2016: Wisconsin's 4th District candidates weigh in
- Wauwatosa's Luther Manor residents share smiles through flower delivery
- Wauwatosa Police Report: July 17-23