A warrant has been issued for a 32-year-old Milwaukee man police say led them on a car chase after an officer tried to pull him over for a seatbelt violation last week.
According to the Wauwatosa police report:
Jeffrey Reimann was not wearing his seatbelt and an officer was working under a seatbelt enforcement grant through the Click It or Ticket program at 10:02 a.m. May 23.
He didn't immediately pull over. Instead he rolled through a stop sign at 92nd and Marion streets and paused briefly before taking off. He reached 60 mph and covered 1.2 miles before the pursuit was terminated.
A background check showed Reimann was wanted on warrants from Washington County for drug dealing so a temporary felony warrant was issued for his arrest. Wauwatosa police are also seeking a felony warrant for fleeing an officer.
- Anodyne Coffee plans to open location in Wauwatosa Village (2)
- Wauwatosa Meetings: Aug. 4
- Video: Wauwatosa girl's curbside ice cream stand raises money for the hungry
- Wauwatosa News and Notes: Hands-only CPR training offered; Firefly Art Fair is Aug. 6-7
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why are there barriers and fencing along the North Avenue bridges over the Menomonee River?
- Mystery Photo Contest: July 28
- Wauwatosa gears up for National Night Out event, this year at the zoo
- Election 2016: Wisconsin's 4th District candidates weigh in
- Wauwatosa's Luther Manor residents share smiles through flower delivery
- Wauwatosa Police Report: July 17-23