With Baskin Robbins scooping ice cream on one side and Yo Mama serving up frozen yogurt on the other, the Root Common grassy triangle in the Village is becoming a sweet snack spot.
Nicole Breest believes it's time to add the salty. The New Berlin woman has asked for permission to operate a popcorn wagon near the pine tree in the area.
She plans sell freshly popped popcorn, as well as prepackaged cheese and caramel corn, plus root beer and old-fashioned candy such as licorice ropes.
The Plan Commission and Community Development Committee unanimously supported the request last week, which was echoed by the Common Council on Tuesday.
"The Village is a part of my district and I think that's a lovely use that fits right in," said Alderwoman Kathleen Causier, who sits on the commission.
She plans to sell from 4 to 8:30 p.m. Tuesdays through Fridays and from 3 to 8:30 p.m. Saturdays and Sundays. Breest would end her season on Halloween by giving out trick-or-treat bags.
There have been popcorn wagons in the Village in the past: one when Drew's Variety Store was operating and the other at the end of the Harwood pedestrian bridge.
- Anodyne Coffee plans to open location in Wauwatosa Village
- Wauwatosa Meetings: Aug. 4
- Video: Wauwatosa girl's curbside ice cream stand raises money for the hungry
- Wauwatosa News and Notes: Hands-only CPR training offered; Firefly Art Fair is Aug. 6-7
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why are there barriers and fencing along the North Avenue bridges over the Menomonee River?
- Mystery Photo Contest: July 28
- Wauwatosa gears up for National Night Out event, this year at the zoo
- Election 2016: Wisconsin's 4th District candidates weigh in
- Wauwatosa's Luther Manor residents share smiles through flower delivery
- Wauwatosa Police Report: July 17-23