A teen tried to take another boy's MP3 player and assaulted him in the process while they were hanging out near the Menomonee River.
According to the Wauwatosa police report:
The boy and his friend were swinging on a rope across the river near Hoyt Park, 1800 Swan Blvd., at 5 p.m. March 21. He had put his MP3 player on a tree stump so it wouldn't be damaged.
Meanwhile, another group of boys arrived to throw rocks in the river, and one saw the MP3 player. He told the owner he wanted it, and they started to fight.
Eventually adults walking by broke up the fight. The boy who tried to take the music player got in several punches before throwing the MP3 player back at the victim, who suffered a cut lip and facial bruising.
- Anodyne Coffee plans to open location in Wauwatosa Village (2)
- Wauwatosa Meetings: Aug. 4
- Video: Wauwatosa girl's curbside ice cream stand raises money for the hungry
- Wauwatosa News and Notes: Hands-only CPR training offered; Firefly Art Fair is Aug. 6-7
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why are there barriers and fencing along the North Avenue bridges over the Menomonee River?
- Mystery Photo Contest: July 28
- Wauwatosa gears up for National Night Out event, this year at the zoo
- Election 2016: Wisconsin's 4th District candidates weigh in
- Wauwatosa's Luther Manor residents share smiles through flower delivery
- Wauwatosa Police Report: July 17-23