The Salvation Army of Milwaukee County collected $2.9 million during its 2011 Red Kettle Christmas Campaign, surpassing its goal by $200,000. The fundraiser ended Jan. 31.
Contributions will help the organization, which has headquarters in Wauwatosa, assist the county's unemployed, underemployed, homeless and others in need with emergency shelter, food and clothing.
In Milwaukee County, the Salvation Army operates 85 programs including disaster relief, utility and rent assistance, employment services and summer lunch programs for children.
- Anodyne Coffee plans to open location in Wauwatosa Village
- Wauwatosa Meetings: Aug. 4
- Video: Wauwatosa girl's curbside ice cream stand raises money for the hungry
- Wauwatosa News and Notes: Hands-only CPR training offered; Firefly Art Fair is Aug. 6-7
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why are there barriers and fencing along the North Avenue bridges over the Menomonee River?
- Mystery Photo Contest: July 28
- Wauwatosa gears up for National Night Out event, this year at the zoo
- Election 2016: Wisconsin's 4th District candidates weigh in
- Wauwatosa's Luther Manor residents share smiles through flower delivery
- Wauwatosa Police Report: July 17-23