So much for sisterly love.
A 31-year-old Waukesha woman was arrested for recklessly endangering the safety of not only her four children but also her sister, niece and nephew after she rammed her sibling's vehicle three times.
According to a Wauwatosa Police Department report:
The sisters had attended a Mother's Day family barbecue May 13 at Madison Park, 9800 Glendale Ave., where they quarreled about topics from the cake to money. By the end of the party, family members had to separate the ladies, who had started pushing each other.
Still unhappy with each other, the women took their children to their respective sports-utility vehicles to leave at about 8 p.m.
As the woman drove out of the parking lot, she accelerated and ran into the back of her sister's vehicle. Then she backed up and rammed the car again. On the third attempt, she sideswiped the vehicle, nearly striking her sister, who had been standing in the open door. She jumped into the vehicle just in time to avoid being struck.
The driver's door was bent toward the front of the vehicle from the force of the impact.
No one was injured but the vehicles received extensive damage. Family members estimated the woman had struck her sister's vehicle at 30 mph.
Neither driver had auto insurance.
- Anodyne Coffee plans to open location in Wauwatosa Village
- Wauwatosa Meetings: Aug. 4
- Video: Wauwatosa girl's curbside ice cream stand raises money for the hungry
- Wauwatosa News and Notes: Hands-only CPR training offered; Firefly Art Fair is Aug. 6-7
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why are there barriers and fencing along the North Avenue bridges over the Menomonee River?
- Mystery Photo Contest: July 28
- Wauwatosa gears up for National Night Out event, this year at the zoo
- Election 2016: Wisconsin's 4th District candidates weigh in
- Wauwatosa's Luther Manor residents share smiles through flower delivery
- Wauwatosa Police Report: July 17-23