Back when Eddie Martini's opened nearly 20 years ago in Wauwatosa, they were one of the few places around serving high quality steaks and seafood. Since then, other restaurants have popped up that serve similar fare, but Eddie Martini's still remains a favorite dining destination.
Owner Chris Murphy, a Wauwatosa resident, explained that when the restaurant opened, there were 30 fewer restaurants in a five-mile radius than today, but the patronage to the restaurant has still remained strong. One factor he attributes to that success is the continued focus on customer service.
"Service is something that we think never goes out of style," Murphy said.
More than one-third of the staff has been at Eddie Martini's for over 10 years, he added, and many regular customers request reservations with their favorite server.
Each day, Eddie Martini's offers up to six specials, often seasonal, in addition to their regular menu. Murphy explained that among their most popular regular menu items is the filet mignon which comes in four to five different sizes. Also popular is the newer, 14-ounce, bone-in fillet "that people are really enthusiastic about."
Also on the dinner steak menu are an angus short rib, New York strip, porterhouse, a ribeye steak and a dry-aged prime sirloin.
Eddie Martini's receives shipments of fresh seafood six days a week. Fresh seafood menu items range from salmon filets to pan-seared sea scallops, to seared ahi tuna, Australian lobster and seafood pasta.
The restaurant also serves up broiled pheasant breast, lamb chops, veal chop Milanese and heritage pork Tomahawk.
Those stopping in for lunch can enjoy a variety of items not on the dinner menu, such as beef short-rib stroganoff, a filet of tilapia, pretzel crusted chicken sandwich, a steak sandwich, or Eddie's classic burger.
Despite the high-end quality food, the atmosphere at Eddie Martini's is homey and cozy. Previously a house, the restaurant has separate rooms that diners can chose from.
TASTE OF THE TOWN
ADDRESS: 8612 W Watertown Plank Rd., Milwaukee, Wisconsin 53226
FARE: Steak and Seafood
HOURS:Monday - Friday: Lunch 11:30 a.m. to 2 p.m.; Monday – Saturday: Dinner 5 p.m.; Sunday: Closed
PRICE: $7 to $68
HANDICAPPED ACCESS: Yes
- Call for Taste of Tosa cupcake and chili registrants
- Taste of the Town: Tosa Village's Bartolotta revels in authentic Italian cuisine
- Wauwatosa's North Avenue Grill is down-home food with a flair
- Taste of the Town: Maxie's
- Wauwatosa's Nourri does small-plate 'comfort food with a cool spin'
- Juniper 61 in Wauwatosa serves comfort food with a global reach
- A touch of Germany in the heart of Tosa
- Breakfast is back at Cosmos Cafe
- Burke's Irish Castle carrying on a local Irish legacy
- North Avenue Grill Same name, new owner
- Hui's: Classic Cantonese and an extended family
- Rocket Baby: Delighting with artisan bakery
- Cocina Real: A decade of happy customers
- One Way Cafe: A Tosa Village melting pot
- Café One24 - Clean eating with a fine dining twist
- Miss Saigon: Personalized, affordable Vietnamese cuisine
- North Star American Bistro: An unexpected, upscale eatery
- Daymaker Cafe: Comfortable, casual and made from scratch
- Vino Cappuccino off the beaten path, but worth it
- Maxie's owners open up shop in old Heinemann's