A 17-year-old Milwaukee boy arrested for attempted robbery is accused of making four separate robbery attempts within 20 minutes near Wauwatosa and North avenues the afternoon of Feb. 1.
According to Wauwatosa police reports:
The teen accosted a 66-year-old Milwaukee man and three Longfellow Middle School students - ages 14, 13 and 11 - demanding money and showing them what they thought was a knife.
The knife turned out to be a switchblade facsimile that contained a comb.
The incidents occurred within a block or two of the intersection. The teen approached each victim with threatening demands including, "Do you got any money" and "Give me three dollars."
Despite the threats, the victims gave no money and each immediately reported the teen's actions.
The teen is being charged with one count of attempted robbery, of the 66-year-old, so the students will not have to testify.
- Anodyne Coffee plans to open location in Wauwatosa Village
- Wauwatosa Meetings: Aug. 4
- Video: Wauwatosa girl's curbside ice cream stand raises money for the hungry
- Wauwatosa News and Notes: Hands-only CPR training offered; Firefly Art Fair is Aug. 6-7
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why are there barriers and fencing along the North Avenue bridges over the Menomonee River?
- Mystery Photo Contest: July 28
- Wauwatosa gears up for National Night Out event, this year at the zoo
- Election 2016: Wisconsin's 4th District candidates weigh in
- Wauwatosa's Luther Manor residents share smiles through flower delivery
- Wauwatosa Police Report: July 17-23