Eight teens were arrested for retail theft after they ran out of Macy's at Mayfair with armfuls of designer clothing and hopped a bus Friday night.
According to Wauwatosa Police Department reports:
Members of the group selected items that totaled nearly $2,100 in value while one acted as a lookout about 8:30 p.m. Friday. Suddenly, they all made a ran for the exit and ran to a Milwaukee County bus.
The bus was stopped and numerous pieces of clothing with tags on them were found underneath the seats.
A prisoner van was brought to the mall parking lot to collect the suspects, who range in age from 13 to 19.
They said they had taken a bus from Milwaukee earlier in the evening. During that trip, one member of the group kicked out a bus window and a pad of bus transfers was taken.
Most of the teens were released to their parents. Shortly after walking out of the police station, the mother of a 16-year-old boy said her son ran off before they even got to their car in the parking lot.
- Anodyne Coffee plans to open location in Wauwatosa Village
- Wauwatosa Meetings: Aug. 4
- Video: Wauwatosa girl's curbside ice cream stand raises money for the hungry
- Wauwatosa News and Notes: Hands-only CPR training offered; Firefly Art Fair is Aug. 6-7
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why are there barriers and fencing along the North Avenue bridges over the Menomonee River?
- Mystery Photo Contest: July 28
- Wauwatosa gears up for National Night Out event, this year at the zoo
- Election 2016: Wisconsin's 4th District candidates weigh in
- Wauwatosa's Luther Manor residents share smiles through flower delivery
- Wauwatosa Police Report: July 17-23