Two Wauwatosa School District teachers have been nominated for 2012 fellowships sponsored by the Herb Kohl Educational Foundation.
Nancy Terrain, a fourth-grade teacher at Eisenhower Elementary and Erin Gould, a social studies teacher at Wauwatosa East High School, are in the running to be awarded a $1,000 scholarship for themselves and their schools. Winners will be announced in spring of 2012.
Fellowship recipients are selected for their ability to inspire the love of learning in their students, their ability to motivate others and for their leadership and service within and outside the classroom.
Winners are selected in four categories including elementary, middle school, high school and special services. Since 1990 when the foundation program began, 36 Wauwatosa School District educators have won scholarships. During that time, the foundation has awarded $7.8 million to Wisconsin educators, students and schools.
- Anodyne Coffee plans to open location in Wauwatosa Village (2)
- Wauwatosa Meetings: Aug. 4
- Video: Wauwatosa girl's curbside ice cream stand raises money for the hungry
- Wauwatosa News and Notes: Hands-only CPR training offered; Firefly Art Fair is Aug. 6-7
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why are there barriers and fencing along the North Avenue bridges over the Menomonee River?
- Mystery Photo Contest: July 28
- Wauwatosa gears up for National Night Out event, this year at the zoo
- Election 2016: Wisconsin's 4th District candidates weigh in
- Wauwatosa's Luther Manor residents share smiles through flower delivery
- Wauwatosa Police Report: July 17-23