Joining four other establishments that have recently looked to East Tosa to open second locations, Milwaukee's Thai-namite is requesting a conditional-use permit to open a restaurant at 7212 W. North Ave., in the space formerly occupied by Fattoni's Deli & Catering.
The Wauwatosa Plan Commission will consider the request Monday, May 12.
The owner of the building, Pete Venturi, said he has been looking for a tenant since he kicked out the owner of Fattoni's Deli in March for failing to pay rent.
Alderman Bobby Pantuso said he thinks the restaurant will make a solid addition to a growing neighborhood that recently has been the destination of choice for Camp Bar, BelAir Cantina, Juniper61 and Hue.
"I think that's just amazing," Pantuso said. "Just six years ago, we weren't even on the map."
Thai-namite, which has one location at 932 E. Brady St., on Milwaukee's East Side, serves Japanese and Thai food for dining in or carrying out.
- Anodyne Coffee plans to open location in Wauwatosa Village (2)
- Wauwatosa Meetings: Aug. 4
- Video: Wauwatosa girl's curbside ice cream stand raises money for the hungry
- Wauwatosa News and Notes: Hands-only CPR training offered; Firefly Art Fair is Aug. 6-7
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why are there barriers and fencing along the North Avenue bridges over the Menomonee River?
- Mystery Photo Contest: July 28
- Wauwatosa gears up for National Night Out event, this year at the zoo
- Election 2016: Wisconsin's 4th District candidates weigh in
- Wauwatosa's Luther Manor residents share smiles through flower delivery
- Wauwatosa Police Report: July 17-23