Tosa police: Delivery driver reported possible robbery in progress, prompting tactical response
Wauwatosa police have reopened roads from 120th to 122nd streets and Watertown Plank and Elmhurst roads, which had been cordoned off this morning while they investigated a home in the 1300 block of 121st Street.
Property tax records show the home is owned by Frankie L. Jude Jr.
Public Information Officer Lt. Christopher Fox confirmed two people are being interviewed at the police station but said no one is in custody. He also said there were no injuries in today's event.
According to the Wauwatosa Police Department incident report, a delivery driver called the intended recipient of his delivery prior to dropping it off. Before the call disconnected, the person who answered said he was being robbed. The driver went to a nearby gas station and called police.
"In responding to the area, Wauwatosa police officers found nothing outwardly apparent, but contact was not able to be established with residents or occupants of the home," Fox said in a news release sent this afternoon.
Police eventually made contact with two guests in the home, who came out of the house in response to police direction, the release states.
The house was found to be in order, it states.
Although the roads were blocked off, at no point was anyone evacuated from their home.
Fox said more information will be released when the police report is completed.
Today'sTMJ4 has a video report from the scene.
- Anodyne Coffee plans to open location in Wauwatosa Village (2)
- Wauwatosa Meetings: Aug. 4
- Video: Wauwatosa girl's curbside ice cream stand raises money for the hungry
- Wauwatosa News and Notes: Hands-only CPR training offered; Firefly Art Fair is Aug. 6-7
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why are there barriers and fencing along the North Avenue bridges over the Menomonee River?
- Mystery Photo Contest: July 28
- Wauwatosa gears up for National Night Out event, this year at the zoo
- Election 2016: Wisconsin's 4th District candidates weigh in
- Wauwatosa's Luther Manor residents share smiles through flower delivery
- Wauwatosa Police Report: July 17-23