Teams from four schools in the Wauwatosa School District placed in the Destination ImagiNation state competition in Stevens Point on April 12.
The Lincoln Elementary team (fine arts) took first place in their challenge and third place overall. Students on the fine arts team are Audrey Hardman, Chloe Eckdale-Dudley, Lauren Schmidt, Nathan Foley and Luke Milliman. Managers are Kevin Hardman and Jen Litzau.
The Lincoln Elementary team (technical) placed second overall. They are Sarah Gifford, Elena Williams, Austin Lehman, Thomas Birk and Max King. Managers are Donna Gifford and Conor Williams.
The Longfellow Middle School team (fine arts) placed second overall. They are Charlie Thomas, Eva Kalberer, Mary Catherine McMahon, Allie Boeckmann, Sofia Delgado and Jeff Chin. Anne Couling is the manager.
The East High School team (improvisation) placed second overall. They are Nora Grade, Megan Jensen, Margaret Smith, Liam McMahon and Ben Rinzel. Dan Grade is the manager.
Each team is required to complete an "instant challenge," with only a few minutes of preparation time. Although each team is supervised by an adult manager, the students must contribute all of the ideas and effort for their solutions.
- Anodyne Coffee plans to open location in Wauwatosa Village
- Wauwatosa Meetings: Aug. 4
- Video: Wauwatosa girl's curbside ice cream stand raises money for the hungry
- Wauwatosa News and Notes: Hands-only CPR training offered; Firefly Art Fair is Aug. 6-7
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why are there barriers and fencing along the North Avenue bridges over the Menomonee River?
- Mystery Photo Contest: July 28
- Wauwatosa gears up for National Night Out event, this year at the zoo
- Election 2016: Wisconsin's 4th District candidates weigh in
- Wauwatosa's Luther Manor residents share smiles through flower delivery
- Wauwatosa Police Report: July 17-23