Wisconsin's first Walmart Neighborhood Market will open June 20 in Wauwatosa, company officials say.
The grocery store and pharmacy - a new, smaller retail concept than the traditional Walmart - occupies space at 124th Street and Capitol Drive formerly used by Jewel-Osco.
The 38,000-square-foot Wauwatosa store will feature a self-serve deli, traditional grocery items and popular local products such as bratwurst and Italian sausage products from Klement's. Beer and wine also will be sold.
Customers can buy gift cards, gift wrap and party supplies at the Celebration Station. Shoppers will also find stations to print their own digital photos.
The pharmacy will offer a drive-thru.
Inside the store, people can buy an array of health and beauty products.
The store will provide 80 full- and part-time jobs, according to Walmart officials.
A ribbon-cutting ceremony will be held at 7:30 a.m., during which the company will hand out $6,000 in grants to local community groups.
- Anodyne Coffee plans to open location in Wauwatosa Village (2)
- Wauwatosa Meetings: Aug. 4
- Video: Wauwatosa girl's curbside ice cream stand raises money for the hungry
- Wauwatosa News and Notes: Hands-only CPR training offered; Firefly Art Fair is Aug. 6-7
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why are there barriers and fencing along the North Avenue bridges over the Menomonee River?
- Mystery Photo Contest: July 28
- Wauwatosa gears up for National Night Out event, this year at the zoo
- Election 2016: Wisconsin's 4th District candidates weigh in
- Wauwatosa's Luther Manor residents share smiles through flower delivery
- Wauwatosa Police Report: July 17-23