A 29-year-old West Allis man faces two burglary charges, one with a dangerous weapon, after he allegedly sold items that were taken last week.
According to the Wauwatosa police report:
A resident woke up to the sound of his bedroom door handle jiggling and the floor in the hallway creaking at an apartment in the 12200 block of West Bluemound Road at 6:45 a.m. June 27.
He looked into the hall and saw a man with his back toward him going through closets. The resident asked what the burglar was doing and yelled at him to "get out."
The man allegedly pulled a folding knife out of his pants and walked toward the resident in a threatening manner. The resident quickly jumped back into his room and locked the door. When police arrived, he climbed out his bedroom window.
Two videogame systems and about 50 games, valued at $2,200, had been taken and a window screen had been removed.
Later that morning, a video game system with a matching serial number was sold to Record Head in West Allis. The seller's ID had the name Steven D. Gray. He reportedly told store workers the items belonged to him but he had been allowing his nephew to use them. Then he pulled a picture of a boy from his wallet as proof.
Police took the two systems and several games - some had already been put on the sales floor and sold - and a warrant was issued for Gray's arrest.
He was arrested by Greenfield police during a burglary investigation in their city. Gray allegedly had a folding knife on him, which had been used to cut a screen and gain entry to the Greenfield property.
A preliminary hearing has been scheduled for July 10. In the meantime, he is in Milwaukee County Jail.
- Anodyne Coffee plans to open location in Wauwatosa Village (2)
- Wauwatosa Meetings: Aug. 4
- Video: Wauwatosa girl's curbside ice cream stand raises money for the hungry
- Wauwatosa News and Notes: Hands-only CPR training offered; Firefly Art Fair is Aug. 6-7
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why are there barriers and fencing along the North Avenue bridges over the Menomonee River?
- Mystery Photo Contest: July 28
- Wauwatosa gears up for National Night Out event, this year at the zoo
- Election 2016: Wisconsin's 4th District candidates weigh in
- Wauwatosa's Luther Manor residents share smiles through flower delivery
- Wauwatosa Police Report: July 17-23