A couple coordinated a $359 clothing caper at Macy's, 2500 N. Mayfair Road, at 3:07 p.m. Feb. 21.
According to the Wauwatosa police report:
A man and woman entered the store, selected clothing including four children's shirts and two pairs of children's pants and put them in the woman's shopping bags.
The man distracted cashiers while the woman ran out of the store, setting off the alarm.
Both booked to the parking lot with the man yelling that he was the one who set off the alarms and stole the clothes. When guards weren't taking the bait, he yelled for the woman to "get in the (expletive) car!"
Fearing they had a fight on their hands, the security guards backed off. The two drove off but not before the guards wrote down their license plate number.
Police followed up on an address, but the suspect had moved the year before. They believe the man is a 45-year-old Milwaukee resident.
- Anodyne Coffee plans to open location in Wauwatosa Village (2)
- Wauwatosa Meetings: Aug. 4
- Video: Wauwatosa girl's curbside ice cream stand raises money for the hungry
- Wauwatosa News and Notes: Hands-only CPR training offered; Firefly Art Fair is Aug. 6-7
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why are there barriers and fencing along the North Avenue bridges over the Menomonee River?
- Mystery Photo Contest: July 28
- Wauwatosa gears up for National Night Out event, this year at the zoo
- Election 2016: Wisconsin's 4th District candidates weigh in
- Wauwatosa's Luther Manor residents share smiles through flower delivery
- Wauwatosa Police Report: July 17-23