Ulta, Dick's Sporting Goods, Nordstrom Rack confirmed for Wauwatosa's Mayfair Collections
Spokesman says build-out makes room for hoped-for retailers
Mayfair Collections is slowly taking shape, with several announced tenants and others that are technically unconfirmed.
The confirmed tenants include Ulta, a cosmetics and fragrance purveyor; Dick's Sporting Goods; and Nordstrom Rack, a discount outlet.
A sign in the site's construction area mentions an Old Navy clothing store and Sak's Fifth Avenue OFF 5th, which sells discounted brand name clothing.
Brenton Schroeder, marketing director for HSA, which is developing Mayfair Collections, said media reports that the contractor is building out space for other named national retailers does not mean that they are confirmed tenants.
"We're designing space with prospective tenants in mind," he said. "We have to live within the envelope of the building in a lot of ways, because it's an adaptive re-use. I mean certainly we would never build a (new) retail building on spec unless we had tenant commitments, if we were coming straight out of the ground. But since this is an existing building, we're designing space and blocking out space with certain prospects in mind, but that's only because we're living within the envelope of the building."
Carter's, which sells children's clothing; Torrid, which sells plus-size clothes; Maurices, selling women's clothing; and Men's Wearhouse were cited by the contractor of the site as having identified spaces in the build-out, as reported in Patch.
Schroeder said these stores could be termed likely tenants, but not confirmed tenants.
He said he expects a major announcement on tenant signings in the coming weeks.
- Anodyne Coffee plans to open location in Wauwatosa Village (2)
- Wauwatosa Meetings: Aug. 4
- Video: Wauwatosa girl's curbside ice cream stand raises money for the hungry
- Wauwatosa News and Notes: Hands-only CPR training offered; Firefly Art Fair is Aug. 6-7
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why are there barriers and fencing along the North Avenue bridges over the Menomonee River?
- Mystery Photo Contest: July 28
- Wauwatosa gears up for National Night Out event, this year at the zoo
- Election 2016: Wisconsin's 4th District candidates weigh in
- Wauwatosa's Luther Manor residents share smiles through flower delivery
- Wauwatosa Police Report: July 17-23