A 16-year-old girl was struck by a car while crossing the street at Wisconsin Avenue and 68th Street on April 6.
According to the Wauwatosa police report:
The girl had the right of way and began crossing the street when a vehicle turned right onto 68th Street and struck her. The victim fell onto the hood and hit her head on the windshield. She was taken to Froedtert Hospital and received treatment for a head injury and scrapes to her elbow and arm.
The vehicle drove off; however, officers were able to find the vehicle and driver at 9 p.m. in Pewaukee. Lisa Fugina, 43, was arrested for a hit and run causing injury and causing injury by intoxicated use of a motor vehicle.
The teen was able to provide a description of the driver to officers at the hospital, which matched the description of Fugina.
- Anodyne Coffee plans to open location in Wauwatosa Village
- Wauwatosa Meetings: Aug. 4
- Video: Wauwatosa girl's curbside ice cream stand raises money for the hungry
- Wauwatosa News and Notes: Hands-only CPR training offered; Firefly Art Fair is Aug. 6-7
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why are there barriers and fencing along the North Avenue bridges over the Menomonee River?
- Mystery Photo Contest: July 28
- Wauwatosa gears up for National Night Out event, this year at the zoo
- Election 2016: Wisconsin's 4th District candidates weigh in
- Wauwatosa's Luther Manor residents share smiles through flower delivery
- Wauwatosa Police Report: July 17-23