A 65-year-old woman had a stroke while driving in the 10700 block of West North Avenue on Oct. 22, causing her car to crash into a fire hydrant, according to a Wauwatosa police report. She died while receiving medical attention shortly afterward.
Also in the report:
A man who was behind her in traffic found her inside the car, with the doors locked and engine revving. He called 911. The woman briefly regained consciousness, speaking with police officers, but she had no pulse when paramedics arrived.
She was taken to Froedtert Hospital, where she was pronounced dead.
- Anodyne Coffee plans to open location in Wauwatosa Village
- Wauwatosa Meetings: Aug. 4
- Video: Wauwatosa girl's curbside ice cream stand raises money for the hungry
- Wauwatosa News and Notes: Hands-only CPR training offered; Firefly Art Fair is Aug. 6-7
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why are there barriers and fencing along the North Avenue bridges over the Menomonee River?
- Mystery Photo Contest: July 28
- Wauwatosa gears up for National Night Out event, this year at the zoo
- Election 2016: Wisconsin's 4th District candidates weigh in
- Wauwatosa's Luther Manor residents share smiles through flower delivery
- Wauwatosa Police Report: July 17-23