Construction will begin next week on a temporary exit ramp to Wisconsin Avenue off northbound Highway 45 to help alleviate traffic congestion during the Zoo Interchange reconstruction project.
The highway southbound entrance ramp at Wisconsin Avenue will close overnight from 10 p.m. Aug. 13 to 5:30 a.m. Aug. 14. Lane restrictions on Wisconsin Avenue between 98th and 95th streets will begin the week of August 20 through early fall.
The state Department of Transportation project includes constructing the ramp, adjustments to turn lanes on Wisconsin Avenue between the highway and 92nd Street, building a temporary cul-de-sac on 95th Street, installing a temporary traffic light at 97th Street and Bluemound Road, and lengthening the left-turn lane on Bluemound at 97th Street.
The cul-du-sac will be located where 95th Street intersects with Wisconsin Avenue and will be closed to through traffic in late September. It will remain in place until the completion of the Wisconsin Avenue and Bluemound Road interchanges, likely reopening 95th Street to through traffic in 2016 or 2017.
- Anodyne Coffee plans to open location in Wauwatosa Village (2)
- Wauwatosa Meetings: Aug. 4
- Video: Wauwatosa girl's curbside ice cream stand raises money for the hungry
- Wauwatosa News and Notes: Hands-only CPR training offered; Firefly Art Fair is Aug. 6-7
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why are there barriers and fencing along the North Avenue bridges over the Menomonee River?
- Mystery Photo Contest: July 28
- Wauwatosa gears up for National Night Out event, this year at the zoo
- Election 2016: Wisconsin's 4th District candidates weigh in
- Wauwatosa's Luther Manor residents share smiles through flower delivery
- Wauwatosa Police Report: July 17-23