A business that would offer yoga sessions and an Indian form of medicine called Ayurveda plans to move into the building that will also become the new home to Indian Groceries & Spices.
Wauwatosa resident Mary Bruck wants to open Yoga & Ayurveda Corner at 10701 W. North Ave., to help people maintain and improve their health through techniques such as relaxation, diet, color and gem therapy, she said.
"It's a holistic healing system," Bruck said.
The proposed hours are 7 a.m. to 10 p.m. daily.
The Plan Commission and Community Development Committee supported the use, and it is scheduled to go to the full Common Council for final approval Tuesday.
Neil Sanghavi one of the owner of building and the grocery said plans to renovate and modernize the office building's exterior received the city Design Review Board's approval a few weeks ago. Construction is expected to start soon, he said.
"I remember your plans and it was a great improvement," said Mayor Jill Didier, Plan Commission chairwoman.
WHAT: A request to operate a yoga studio and health maintenance business at 10701 W. North Ave.
WHEN: 7:30 p.m. Tuesday
WHERE: City Hall, 7725 W. North Ave.
- Anodyne Coffee plans to open location in Wauwatosa Village (2)
- Wauwatosa Meetings: Aug. 4
- Video: Wauwatosa girl's curbside ice cream stand raises money for the hungry
- Wauwatosa News and Notes: Hands-only CPR training offered; Firefly Art Fair is Aug. 6-7
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why are there barriers and fencing along the North Avenue bridges over the Menomonee River?
- Mystery Photo Contest: July 28
- Wauwatosa gears up for National Night Out event, this year at the zoo
- Election 2016: Wisconsin's 4th District candidates weigh in
- Wauwatosa's Luther Manor residents share smiles through flower delivery
- Wauwatosa Police Report: July 17-23