In the battle of Tosa - soccer-style - Wauwatosa West blanked Wauwatosa East, 3-0, Saturday night at Hart Park.
Sophomore midfielder Joshua Fobair scored at the 7:22 mark for a 1-0 lead and that was all the scoring the Trojans would need, as goalkeepers Zachary Soderberg and Kyle Heideman and the defense shut down the Red Raiders' offense.
Leading 1-0 at intermission, the Trojans scored quickly on a goal by senior forward Nico Zabala, who got the Trojans on the board at 42:29 with a rebound shot off a defender, which he then battled for and knocked past freshman goalkeeper Kyle Mabie.
Senior forward Andrae Randle-Virgil Zabala then scored at the 54:31 mark, as he raced down the left sideline, beat his defender inside and kicked the ball into the right side of the goal for a 3-0 lead.
- Volleyball: MVC Boys Club team takes third in volleyball nationals
- Wauwatosa Swordfish swim well in two meets
- Football: Milwaukee County Chargers battle elements for win
- Baseball: Seven Wauwatosa baseball players earn all-conference honors
- Wauwatosa West girls basketball coach Ashley Imperiale resigns
- Sports Notes: July 28, 2016
- Wauwatosa school district files lawsuit against WIAA over conference realignment
- Baseball: Michaelis leads Wauwatosa East past rival West in regional
- Football: Milwaukee County Chargers earn overtime win over Muskego
- Baseball: Wauwatosa East's season ends with regional final loss to Waukesha North