The battle that Wauwatosa boys volleyball fans have been waiting for takes place at 7 p.m. Thursday night at Whitefish Bay Fieldhouse in the WIAA Sectional Championship match.
Wauwatosa East, currently ranked No. 4 in the state, will face Wauwatosa West, with the winner earning a trip to the state tournament on Nov. 12-13 at Wisconsin Lutheran College.
The No. 1 seeded Red Raiders earned a first-round bye and then beat fourth-seeded Brookfield East (25-21, 25-23, 25-20) Tuesday night at Tosa East.
The No. 3 seeded Trojans beat sixth-seeded Brookfield Central (25-23, 25-20, 21-25, 25-19) last Friday at Tosa West and second-seeded Shorewood (23-25, 25-15, 25-21,17-25, 20-18) Tuesday night at Shorewood in a come-from-behind thriller.
The Red Raiders and Trojans finished second in the Greater Metro Conference and Woodland Conference, respectively, behind Marquette and Shorewood.
The Trojans last went to state in 2006, while the Red Raiders have won the last three sectional championship matches.
- Volleyball: MVC Boys Club team takes third in volleyball nationals
- Wauwatosa Swordfish swim well in two meets
- Football: Milwaukee County Chargers battle elements for win
- Baseball: Seven Wauwatosa baseball players earn all-conference honors
- Wauwatosa West girls basketball coach Ashley Imperiale resigns
- Sports Notes: July 28, 2016
- Wauwatosa school district files lawsuit against WIAA over conference realignment
- Baseball: Michaelis leads Wauwatosa East past rival West in regional
- Football: Milwaukee County Chargers earn overtime win over Muskego
- Baseball: Wauwatosa East's season ends with regional final loss to Waukesha North