Wauwatosa East swept
The Red Raiders (33-6) will face arch-rival Marquette (38-6), who advanced by beating
Tosa East beat
Coming off an emotional 5-game win over cross-town rival Tosa West in the sectional championship game, Red Raiders coach John Simon was worried about a possible letdown by his team.
“We talked all week about how it’s a possible trap match,” he said. “We’re playing a team that has nothing to lose. At least on paper it’s a pretty big mismatch and that can be really, really dangerous.
“So all week we’ve been hammering home we needed to be fundamentally sound from start to finish and the better team will win, whoever that is.”
Simon then commented on his team’s play in sweeping the Panthers.
“We were a little sluggish at times,” he said, “but in general we controlled all three games. That’s what we set out to do. So we’re moving on until tomorrow.”
Max Kilpin had 11 kills and Sam Ingrilli had 25 assists. Zak Sylvester had 8 kills, 4 assists and 4 digs; Alex Conway had 11 kills, 7 digs and 2 aces and Aaron Uden had 7 digs and 6 kills.
- Volleyball: MVC Boys Club team takes third in volleyball nationals
- Wauwatosa Swordfish swim well in two meets
- Football: Milwaukee County Chargers battle elements for win
- Baseball: Seven Wauwatosa baseball players earn all-conference honors
- Wauwatosa West girls basketball coach Ashley Imperiale resigns
- Sports Notes: July 28, 2016
- Wauwatosa school district files lawsuit against WIAA over conference realignment
- Baseball: Michaelis leads Wauwatosa East past rival West in regional
- Football: Milwaukee County Chargers earn overtime win over Muskego
- Baseball: Wauwatosa East's season ends with regional final loss to Waukesha North