The Wauwatosa West girls basketball won their second straight game and rolled into the holiday break with a 43-22 win over West Allis Hale.
The non-conference win improved the Trojans to 2-5 overall, West Allis Hale dropped to 0-7.
The Trojans defense was outstanding, holding the Huskies without a basket from 39 seconds in the first quarter until 3:10 in the third period. They outscored Hale 14-2 in the second quarter and 14-4 in the third perid, a 28-6 spread.
Leading 10-7 with 6:55 left in the half, the Trojans went on a 9-0 run with sophomore Latasha Harmon scoring seven of them, her only points of the game.
Paige Soles had a solid offensive performance with 12 points. No one scored more than six points for the Huskies.
- Volleyball: MVC Boys Club team takes third in volleyball nationals
- Wauwatosa Swordfish swim well in two meets
- Football: Milwaukee County Chargers battle elements for win
- Baseball: Seven Wauwatosa baseball players earn all-conference honors
- Wauwatosa West girls basketball coach Ashley Imperiale resigns (1)
- Sports Notes: July 28, 2016
- Wauwatosa school district files lawsuit against WIAA over conference realignment (3)
- Baseball: Michaelis leads Wauwatosa East past rival West in regional
- Football: Milwaukee County Chargers earn overtime win over Muskego
- Baseball: Wauwatosa East's season ends with regional final loss to Waukesha North