Wauwatosa senior Jimmy Bonkowski suffered severe bruising in the hip area, but the X-rays were negative after he was injured in last night's West-New Berlin Eisenhower game.
Bonkowski scored late in the third quarter on a driving lay-up, going high in the air and he lost his balance and came down hard. He immediately turned to his side and seemed to be in severe pain.
The game was delayed for 30 minutes as he was treated and then taken to Froedtert to be checked out. The crowd gave him a standing ovation as he was wheeled off the court.
"Jimmy is alright, his X-Rays were negative," West coach Mike Landisch reported Wednesday morning. "He has severe bruising on his hip area and is in a lot of pain."
- Volleyball: MVC Boys Club team takes third in volleyball nationals
- Wauwatosa Swordfish swim well in two meets
- Football: Milwaukee County Chargers battle elements for win
- Baseball: Seven Wauwatosa baseball players earn all-conference honors
- Wauwatosa West girls basketball coach Ashley Imperiale resigns (1)
- Sports Notes: July 28, 2016
- Wauwatosa school district files lawsuit against WIAA over conference realignment (3)
- Baseball: Michaelis leads Wauwatosa East past rival West in regional
- Football: Milwaukee County Chargers earn overtime win over Muskego
- Baseball: Wauwatosa East's season ends with regional final loss to Waukesha North