Senior guard Tyler Krause scored 20 points and sparked Wauwatosa West to a 70-54 win over James Madison tonight at West in the WIAA Regional quarter-final.
West will now travel to Milwaukee Samuel Morse-Marshall for a 7 p.m. regional semi-final game on Friday night.
Madison took a 10-2 lead to start the game, but then the Trojans went on an 18-0 tear and rolled to a 37-24 half-time lead.
Krause, who nailed four 3-pointers on the night, had 13 points at half-time and Ricky Landers scored 10 of his 15 in the first half also.
Jarvis Ashley scored nine points and Kieviante Love, Alex Chu, Jimmy Bonkowski and Zach Soderburg all played key roles in the win, the eighth victory in West's last 10 games.
See a detailed report online Wednesday afternoon and a full detailed report in the WauwatosaNOW Newspaper on Thursday.
- Volleyball: MVC Boys Club team takes third in volleyball nationals
- Wauwatosa Swordfish swim well in two meets
- Football: Milwaukee County Chargers battle elements for win
- Baseball: Seven Wauwatosa baseball players earn all-conference honors
- Wauwatosa West girls basketball coach Ashley Imperiale resigns
- Sports Notes: July 28, 2016
- Wauwatosa school district files lawsuit against WIAA over conference realignment
- Baseball: Michaelis leads Wauwatosa East past rival West in regional
- Football: Milwaukee County Chargers earn overtime win over Muskego
- Baseball: Wauwatosa East's season ends with regional final loss to Waukesha North