Three area middle school athletes won titles in the Milwaukee Area Conference Championships on Saturday.
Longfellow wrestlers, Jordan Boettcher and Zach Miller, along with Whitman's Marcus Morrow won Milwaukee Area Conference Championships.
Boettcher won his championship with a 7-6 decision in the finals over Jon Baltz of Frank Lloyd Wright Middle School at 96 pounds. Miller won his championship at 103 pounds with a 10-0 major decision in the finals over Miguel Gomez of Whitefish Bay Middle School. Morrow's championship happened at 138 pounds with a 13-6 decision in the finals over Ryan Ulbrich of Lincoln Middle School.
A runner-up finish was earned by Longfellow's Zach Hoffland while Longfellow's Ben Reagan earned a third-place finish. Also placing for Whitman was: Josh Zembles-5th, Henry Morgan-5th, Brad Koehler-5th, and Sean McDuffie-6th. Other competitors who didn't place were: Avery Weishoff and Jake Zellmer of Longfellow and Kyle Hemming of Whitman.
Junior varsity wrestlers from the schools also turned in a good performance.
Longfellow place winners were: David Lers (first), Dylan Christman (second), Tristan Reagan (second), Andrew Suson (second), Matt Suson (third), Rylan McNally (third) and Rosie Young (fourth).
Whitman place winners were: Zach Linden (first), Dajhan Mitchell (first), Nathan Linden (second), Trevor Semega (second), Joey Blanco (third), Jeffrey Little (third), Jake Plantz (third), Marcus Smukowski (third), Hank Bauer (fourth), Zewdei Gebremedhim (fourth) and Colin Sieglaff (fourth).
The Longfellow team is coached by former Tosa East wrestlers DJ Wurster and Justin Kachar. Whitman is coached by former Tosa West wrestlers Mason Jarecki-Nimmo, Sean Klauck, and Kelly Movroydis.
-Tom 'Sky' Skibosh
- Volleyball: MVC Boys Club team takes third in volleyball nationals
- Wauwatosa Swordfish swim well in two meets
- Football: Milwaukee County Chargers battle elements for win
- Baseball: Seven Wauwatosa baseball players earn all-conference honors
- Wauwatosa West girls basketball coach Ashley Imperiale resigns
- Sports Notes: July 28, 2016
- Wauwatosa school district files lawsuit against WIAA over conference realignment
- Baseball: Michaelis leads Wauwatosa East past rival West in regional
- Football: Milwaukee County Chargers earn overtime win over Muskego
- Baseball: Wauwatosa East's season ends with regional final loss to Waukesha North