Wauwatosa East finished fifth in the South Milwaukee Rocket Invitational on Saturday, scoring 126 points.
Brookfield Central won the event with 54 points, followed by Franklin (75), Muskego (116) and Brookfield East (120).
Junior Jordy Schmidt and sophomore Katie Salmon finished eighth and 11th, respectively, with times of 15 minutes, 53.5 seconds and 15:56.4.
Senior Nicole Kashian finished 23rd (16:32.0), with freshman Margaret Deflieze, 41st (17:08.0) and senior Bethel Assefa, 43rd (17:10.4) topping out the first five.
Sophomore Samantha Osinski was 47th (17:22.6) and seniors Andrea Schaefer (59th, 17:43.8) and Emma Watson (64th, 17:58.9).
"We had one top-five runner out (Gabi Caron-Schuler) and after a hard week of practice got a hard-fought fifth place in the team race," Tosa East coach Glen Gardiner said. "We were only 10 points out of third. Jordy Schmidt's time was a personal record."
- Volleyball: MVC Boys Club team takes third in volleyball nationals
- Wauwatosa Swordfish swim well in two meets
- Football: Milwaukee County Chargers battle elements for win
- Baseball: Seven Wauwatosa baseball players earn all-conference honors
- Wauwatosa West girls basketball coach Ashley Imperiale resigns (1)
- Sports Notes: July 28, 2016
- Wauwatosa school district files lawsuit against WIAA over conference realignment (3)
- Baseball: Michaelis leads Wauwatosa East past rival West in regional
- Football: Milwaukee County Chargers earn overtime win over Muskego
- Baseball: Wauwatosa East's season ends with regional final loss to Waukesha North