The Elmbrook Youth Hockey organization is hosting their first Pee Wee (2B) state tournament Saturday and Sunday at the Ponds of Brookfield.
Teams represented include De Pere, Janesville, Kenosha, Eagle River, Southeastern Wisconsin/Milwaukee County, Chippewa Falls, Menomonie and Elmbrook.
The Elmbrook team was 11-1 in conference play and includes players aged 11-12 from Brookfield, Elm Grove, Wauwatosa, Menomonee Falls and Sussex.
Elmbrook's first game is 8 a.m. Saturday against De Pere. Results and further game times will be posted at the Ponds Ice Arena and available at elmbrookyouthhockey.org.
An admission is charged for entry. The tournament also includes a Brat Fry and extensive raffle items including a signed Aaron Rodgers jersey, a 42-inch TV and many pieces of signed hockey memorabilia. Each game also includes the popular "chuck-a-puck" 50/50 event.
Information will also be available at the rink on how to get your youth involved in hockey. Parents are also encouraged to visit elmbrookyouthhockey.org or call Eric Hersback at 262-345-5016 for any assistance.
- Volleyball: MVC Boys Club team takes third in volleyball nationals
- Wauwatosa Swordfish swim well in two meets
- Football: Milwaukee County Chargers battle elements for win
- Baseball: Seven Wauwatosa baseball players earn all-conference honors
- Wauwatosa West girls basketball coach Ashley Imperiale resigns (1)
- Sports Notes: July 28, 2016
- Wauwatosa school district files lawsuit against WIAA over conference realignment (3)
- Baseball: Michaelis leads Wauwatosa East past rival West in regional
- Football: Milwaukee County Chargers earn overtime win over Muskego
- Baseball: Wauwatosa East's season ends with regional final loss to Waukesha North