As part of Coaches vs. Cancer Week, the Wauwatosa West girls soccer team is having a fundraiser Thursday for their Woodland Conference match against New Berlin West at Whitman Field.
Stas Stadler, the father of Tosa West's Anna, Tim and Andrew, has entered a hospice and the team is having a fundraiser for the family.
There have been 1,100 bracelets and T-shirts ordered and fans are encouraged to wear yellow that night.
"This family has meant the world to Tosa West and they are the true spirit of our program," Tosa West coach Jon Gulrajani said.
With yellow being the color for bladder cancer awareness, the Trojans are selling yellow bracelets that say 'TW Soccer for Stas' for $2 and yellow T-shirts with a logo designed for this event for $10.
The Trojans will wear yellow jerseys that will be auctioned off following the match in addition to other silent auction items that may be bid on throughout the match. There will be a get-together at O'Sullivan's Public House on 126th and North Avenue following the match. A portion of the money spent at O'Sullivan's will be donated to the Stadler family.
- Volleyball: MVC Boys Club team takes third in volleyball nationals
- Wauwatosa Swordfish swim well in two meets
- Football: Milwaukee County Chargers battle elements for win
- Baseball: Seven Wauwatosa baseball players earn all-conference honors
- Wauwatosa West girls basketball coach Ashley Imperiale resigns
- Sports Notes: July 28, 2016
- Wauwatosa school district files lawsuit against WIAA over conference realignment
- Baseball: Michaelis leads Wauwatosa East past rival West in regional
- Football: Milwaukee County Chargers earn overtime win over Muskego
- Baseball: Wauwatosa East's season ends with regional final loss to Waukesha North